Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Getting it out...

For the past...two years I feel like my life, my family, my faith has been under attack. Attack from outsiders, insiders, upsiders, downsiders-you get the point. I have had battles that I never thought I would have in my life. I have learned more things then I ever thought I would. The most important thing I have learned (technically I am STILL learning) is about myself. I wanted to share that with you. If you are reading this, congratulations. You have stepped on this train or half-built box derby car with me!! 

Since before Christmas I have been thinking about my life and what I want it to be. How do I want people to see me, take me? Then we started a class during Sunday school about forgiveness. WOW! I have been brought to my knees during this class. At first, with some of the issues my family has faced, I started thinking about "them" (the people that needed MY forgiveness-Ha!) but then it was as if Jesus gave me a HUGE magnifying glass and then showed me to myself in the very well lit mirror. I realize that I am the one who needs to be forgiven. Forgiven by others for things I may not even know exist and then the CONTINUAL forgiveness from God. The class is amazing and has created a revelation in me.
Since then I have had this saying or motto of "BE BLESSED? BE A BLESSING!!!" in my brain and couldn't shake it. With the New Year, I have developed a new method of thinking. A new way of life. I am not talking about doing things with the idea of what I may gain. But doing things for others that may in turn help them, show them, or make them get a glimpse of what God has been trying to show us all along with nothing but the satisfaction that I have been ABLE to do this or that for others (or myself).
No, this blog will not be a preaching episode for me. But will I use God and his Word as reference? ABSOLUTELY. He is using me in this big ole world. I see it only fitting to return the favor. This thing will NOT be error free. I have a degree in graphic design...my English class consisted of passing around a clay pot and writing a poem about it (LOVED IT!!). I don't know where commas go or the difference between "then" and "than". But what this will be is a journey for me and whoever decides to read this about life and the power God gives us NOW to help others in this fast moving, unloving, confusing, chaotic world. It will be about trying to be a good person, wife, mother, daughter, friend-whatever title I need to put. I hope it will be funny (I just told my doctor that I needed a new batch of pain meds cause I had to sell the first batch she gave me-hee hee), kind, but most of all-uplifting. I hope you will share your comments, journeys, lessons, and anything else you want to share. I need ALL the help I can get. :)
And so it begins...

2 comments:

  1. Wise in your thoughts...words -- all so true. I am sooo thankful you are doing this. I can't wait for more....
    you have inspired me, in so many ways... and this is just another inspiration!
    You have big love to share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am so thrilled to see you putting your life down on paper. God is going to use you/your words in a mighty way--ways you may never know.
    You ARE a blessing in my life. Know that, and celebrate!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete